werc space realizes our community may be struggling during this complicated time. In order to respond to the ever-changing needs of our community, we will be compiling resources for small business owners here to help you navigate owning a business during COVID-19.
Please check back frequently for updated information (last updated 5/22/20).
Preparing Your Business
- CDC: Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to COVID-19
- CDC: Cleaning Recommendations
- OSHA: Guidance on Preparing Your Workplace for COVID-19
- US Chamber of Commerce: A Guide to Reopening Your Business
- Small Business Administration: Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- US Chamber of Commerce: COVID-19 Small Business Resource Guide
- SCORE: COVID-19 Business Resources
- Oyster Sunday: Guidelines & Best Practices for Hospitality Services
- NFIB: Small Business Resources in Response to COVID-19 (Legal/Legislative Information)
- Hello Alice: COVID-19 Business Resource Center (Includes Emergency Grant)
- WBENC: COVID-19 Resources for Women-Owned Businesses
- Google: Tools & Resources for COVID-19
- SCORE: Live mentoring Tuesdays & Thursdays
- Mom Project: Unity Job Seeking Program
- Support Your Ladies: A Directory of Women-Owned Businesses
- WEConnect: Impact of COVID-19 on Women-Owned Businesses Internationally
- Tory Burch Foundation: Weekly Webinars
- Small Business Administration: COVID-19 Pandemic Disaster Loans Comparison
- Kiva: Offers Support to Small Businesses (Loans)
- Freelancers Co-op COVID-19 Emergency Fund (Grant)
- Facebook: Small Business Grants Program (Grant)
- Amazon: Neighborhood Small Business Relief Fund (Grant)
- James Beard Foundation: Food and Beverage Industry Relief Fund (Grant)
- Mainvest: Zero-interest $2,000 Loan (Loans)
- Freelancers Union: Freelancers Relief Fund (Grant)
- IFundWomen: COVID-19 Relief Fund (Crowdfunding)
- Verizon: Small Business Recovery Fund (Grant)
- We Buy Black: Black Business Relief Fund (Grant)
- Honeycomb Credit: Crowdfunded Small Business Relief Fund (Crowdfunding)
- Save Small Business: Save Small Business Fund (Grant)
- SheaMoisture: Community Initiatives (Grants for business owners of color)
- Red Backpack Fund: Red Backpack Fund (Grant, opens monthly)
- COVID Cap: International Database of Cash Relief Resources for Small Businesses
- LISC: Small Business Relief Grants (Grant)
- Doonie Fund: Micro Investments for Black Women Entrepreneurs (Grant)
Products and Software Resources:
- Hootsuite: Free access to its professional plan for small businesses until July 1, 2020.
- Ubereats: Waived delivery fees for local independently owned restaurants.
- Headspace: Free access to their meditation app for employers and their employees, as well as toolkits and resources for employers.
- Six fifty: Free tools to help organizations (1) rapidly develop thoughtful policies and (2) gather information from their workforce.
- Kabbage: Makes it easier for customers to purchase gift certificates for your business
Mutual Aid Resources*:
- What is Mutual Aid?
- Find Mutual Aid Near You (Map)
- Get help paying bills
- Susu rapid response support for Black feminists
- Small Business Majority offers resources to small businesses & daily updates.
- Rally for Restaurants: Add your restaurant and make it easy for people to purchase gift cards.
- Gusto: Loan and relief resources for small businesses.
- Seated Hotline: Hotline for restaurant owners to get financial & legal advice.
- Lawyers for Good: COVID-19 Small Business Remote Legal Clinic.
Below is a map of business resources, including financial assistance, toolkits, and general information for regions/states. We recommend contacting the resource to learn more and see if you qualify for assistance.
Click the box on the upper lefthand corner to open the legend.
*Mutual aid resources are often organized by local community members. We have compiled here resources to help you connect to these groups, but we cannot vouch for or verify any individuals or networks. Please exercise all necessary judgment when interacting with community members not previously known to you.