The Small Business Administration offers this 30-minute self-paced course on legal requirements for small businesses. The course includes a legal requirements checklist worksheet.
We recommend this course if you who are planning to launch your business and want to know the legal requirements.
This course covers:
- Determine federal, state, and local requirements you may have to meet when you start a new business,
- Explain the requirements for hiring, paying, and firing employees,
- Identify federal, state, and local tax collection and reporting requirements for small businesses,
- Describe the importance of zoning ordinances, securities registration, and business permits and occupational/professional licenses,
- List environmental regulations that may impact your business, and
- Examine ways small business owners can manage legal risks.
Start the course and take it at your own pace by clicking the link below.