- En Español
“Fundamentals of Management” is a beginner’s course that goes over the basic concepts and theories of management while exploring the manager’s operational role in all types of organizations.
We recommend this course if you are new to business management or want to review the basic principles of good business management.
This course will review:
- Describe the difference between managers and leaders
- Explore the focus of a manager’s job
- Cite the required skills for a new manager’s success
- Describe the five functions of management
- Explain the new model management operating philosophy
- Describe the hierarchy of planning
- Use the SMART goal setting technique
- Discuss the concept of evolution of leadership
- Explain how customer satisfaction is linked to controlling
- Discuss the power of building a network
“Fundamentals of Management” takes about 6 hours total to complete, but take it at your own pace. This course is offered by the University of California, Irvine through Coursera, an online educational platform that gives you access to hundreds of free college-level courses. The course is also offered with subtitles in various languages, including Spanish.
The course comes with a certificate if you pay the fee, or click “audit this course” when enrolling. Click the link below to learn more and start learning about managing your employees.